Thursday, April 1, 2010

the team: nolan ryan headlock

my 12 team, head-to-head fantasy baseball draft was last night. i had 4th pick. heres the roster:

C – Oakland – Kurt Suzuki
1B – SanFran – Pablo Sandoval
2B – Florida – Dan Uggla
3B - New York – Alex Rodriguez
SS – Cleveland – Asdrubal Cabrera
IF – Minnesota – Michael Cuddyer
OF – Atlanta – Nate McLouth
OF – Boston – Mike Cameron
OF – Detroit – Magglio Ordonez
OF – Detroit – Johnny Damon
UTIL – Colorado – Todd Helton
BENCH – Atlanta – Melky Cabrera
BENCH – Philadelphia – Placido Polanco
SP – Seattle – Felix Hernandez
SP – Arizona – Dan Haren
RP – New York – Mariano Rivera
RP – Detroit – Jose Valverde
P – Oakland – Ben Sheets
P – Los Angeles – Fernando Rodney
P – Philadelphia – J.A. Happ

my strategy going into the draft this season was get a real slugger in the 1st round that would crank out home runs and massive RBI's all season (A-Rod) then immediately spend my next two picks on pitchers (Hernandez and Haren) then draft a decent 2nd basemen (Uggla) since that position is quite shallow then fall back on pitching. what happened was that I ended up with the strongest overall pitching in the entire league. Loyal readers will remember Rivera was on my wishlist (as with Suzuki). Ben Sheets is a boom or bust.

I did however suffer in the outfield drafting low picks to fill in those positions (Damon was a pick that made me cringe). Luck would have it that I picked many former Detroit Tigers (my favourite team). I have 4 players affiliated with the team! I am banking on McLouth and Uggla to have career stolen bases this season but I am thrilled with my roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment