groundhog day is the 2nd most significant holiday in february AND subject of one of the top 3 holiday movies of all time starring Chris Elliott and Andie MacDowell.
we all know Wiarton Willy and Punxsutawny Phil but here are other popular rodents associated with this day and their location.
- Balzac Billy (Balzac, Alberta)
- Spanish Joe (Spanish, Ontario)
- Octoraro Orphie (Quarryville, Pennsylvania)
- Shubencadie Sam (Shubencadie, Nova Scotia)
- Sir Walter Wally (Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Buckeye Chuck (Marion, Ohio)
- General Beauregard Lee (Snellville, Georgia)
- Jimmy the Groundhog (Sun Prairie, Wisconsin)

Did they see their shadows? What does it mean?!
ReplyDeleteshadows: seen.
ReplyDelete6 more weeks of winter.
as they said on the edge this morning, not surprising considering it is february 2nd
I had been looking for a comprehensive list of rodents such as this for longer than I care to share. I will certainly check in earlier next year Matt...
ReplyDelete